Seagate Vendor ATA commands

Research and Development. This is the place to report experimental stuff related to data recovery.
Enoch

Seagate Vendor ATA commands

Postby Enoch » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 am

Hello,

is there any resource or documentation that shows the various vendor specific ATA commands for the Seagate drives?

Or is this more "secret squirrel" stuff that the data recovery software companies like to hide and pretend is for their eyes only?

Enoch.

Spildit

Re: Seagate Vendor ATA commands

Postby Spildit » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:16 pm

If you are looking for the Seagate TTL terminal commands look here :

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

Regarding the Vendor Specific ATA commands, Seagate secretive as other manufactures.
But people developing tools like PC-3000, Salvation Data, etc were able to reverse-engineer some of those ATA commands and implement that on their tools, at some level.
At this point I can't point you out to a list of those commands to Seagate drives.
Regards.
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)

Enoch

Postby Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 am

Hi Spildit:

I am asking about, as per the thread title, the ATA Vendor Specific commands, not the now disabled diagnostic terminal commands.

I'm more than capable of performing whatever RE is required on the drives to extract the command handlers, I was only asking as I wanted to see if that information was known and published anywhere...

The current Seagate Vendor ATA commands:

Vendor_9A
Vendor_C1
Vendor_C3
Vendor_F7
Vendor_FA
Vendor_FB

There is a new unlock sequence and these commands allow you to Read/Write to the service area and access all FW modules from the SA tracks.

Enoch.

Moltke

Postby Moltke » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Enoch wrote:Hi Spildit:

The current Seagate Vendor ATA commands:

Vendor_9A
Vendor_C1
Vendor_C3
Vendor_F7
Vendor_FA
Vendor_FB

Enoch.

these commands to UX and .7 - .10. not F3

Spildit

Postby Spildit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Thanks, @Moltke for your contribution to this forum, for all the time you have been with us and for the ZU project.

You are a precious member to all of us.

I'm very sorry for what happened here today, and will do my best to prevent it from happening in the future.
HDD Oracle is about sharing but above all it's about respecting each other and help each other out too.

I can't consent in any way with any sort of attack to a friend that have been with the HDD Oracle since the start and have provided the info that he wanted to provide, nothing more, nothing less.

No one here have the obligation to share more than they want, neither the obligation to share at all. I appreciate the ones who share, like I try to do, but everyone have the freedom to chose what they want to do here, up until the point where they start to interfere with the others in a rude, unacceptable way.

I rather lose a library of knowledge than to lose a friend that have been with me / HDD Oracle since the start.

Again, @Moltke accept my gratitude and thanks for all of your work, help, and the ZU project.

Best regards.
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)

Moltke

Postby Moltke » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 am

Thank you Spildit
Occurred incident not pleasant, but no more.
Of course, I lost something, but I do not know that. :) So the ZU was free

The program I put that it was convenient to program and not all of what I know .. and many things much easier to deal with in a specialized utility.

In any case, there were problems with the new families Fujitsu, HGST,Samsung and poorly worked work with Seagate. And of course the SSD!

I hope that someone will solve the problems with them in free utility ..

Sincerely Moltke
p.s And the forum, I will continue to read with curiosity

Return to “R&D - Experiments”