Thoughts on SeDiv for WD?

Discussion about SeDiv for Seagate, Hitachi and WD.
BadBlock
Contributor
Contributor

Thoughts on SeDiv for WD?

Postby BadBlock » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi,

I'm half thinking of buying SeDiv for WD but was wondering if anyone who owns the tool can talk about what the full version is like? Am hoping for some independent opinions hence me asking here and not on the official forums. Will share my experience if I do end up buying.

Thanks.

Spildit

Re: Thoughts on SeDiv for WD?

Postby Spildit » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:06 pm

People say good stuff about it but you have to consider that you will need windows XP for it and the license system appears to be a little bit too depending on the windows registry and hardware that you use.

With that in mind just be aware that you might be asked to clone your system when you install SeDiv full version, because even small changes to the windows registry appear to cause the software to request for a valid license.

Did you try WDMarvel ? You can try it for only $9 USD - One month of use and if you like it you can buy the full version for $100 USD. Might be cheaper then SeDiv and it's under constant update as well.

Or you might consider investing in a multi-model tool like the MRTLabs offer.
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)

BadBlock
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadBlock » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that WDMarvel wasn't in English yet? Running the demo on a XP machine results in a Window of Russian with one "english" button although clicking this appears to just close & reload the same window. Clicking one of the Russian buttons lets me access the program but 99% of the content is Russian which makes it completely unusable. Does the full version have more English? Do you know how much English there is throughout the registration process?

I don't have a huge problem with imaging the SeDiv machine but having done some digging it would appear to be quite expensive - E.G. I found a post that implied that a discounted price was $350 so not completely out of the question but not exactly an impulse buy either.

If WDMarvel had a bit more English it would definitely be worth buying a one month license with a view to buying a lifetime (or probably more accurately a lifetime of the activation server) license; the pricing is very compelling. At any rate, whilst WDR & WDMarvel 2.2 are good tools, I'm starting to see drives that they can't handle so I think I'm due an upgrade.

Thanks.

Spildit

Postby Spildit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:00 pm

A quick reply to your question :

Screen Captures from Full Version WDMarvel Beta 4 ENG

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=871

And please also check here :

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=827

Regards !

BadBlock
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadBlock » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 am

I now own this tool; will post some feedback once I've had a chance to play with it properly.

Spildit

Postby Spildit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 am

BadBlock wrote:I now own this tool; will post some feedback once I've had a chance to play with it properly.

Cool !

Spildit

Postby Spildit » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 pm

BadBlock wrote:I now own this tool; will post some feedback once I've had a chance to play with it properly.

Can you provide some feedback about the SeDiv tool ?

Thanks.

hddman

Postby hddman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Return to “SeDiv”